At Titus Pest Control, we provide expert flea exterminating for indoor infestations.
In Middle Georgia, we usually see the peak season for fleas from May through mid-September, but inside flea infestations can occur year round. Not easy to eradicate, fleas usually require 2-3 treatments. In addition, the process requires a bit of teamwork between the homeowner and pest professional. Included below is a checklist of actions that will require your assistance.
Flea Treatment Prep.
- Clear all carpeted floors – including closets (if possible)- of boxes, clothing and any other items that will prevent treatment.
- Wash (in hot water) or destroy all pet bedding.
- Mop wood, tile and vinyl floors.
- Vacuum all carpeting and rugs thoroughly.
- Carefully vacuum pet sleeping and resting areas – including under furniture and draperies.
- Window sills and appliance tops should to be cleaned if you have cats that rest on them.
- Vacuum furniture – especially between and under cushions.
- Empty the contents of the vacuum cleaner into a plastic trash bag and dispose of immediately.
- Remove pets from the home (prior to application).
- Store or cover all pet food containers and bowls.
- Cover fish bowls or fish tanks with a damp towel.
- Arrange to have dogs, cats and other flea-infested pets professionally treated by your veterinarian or groomer during the time of service.
- Be prepared to vacate the dwelling during service and for about 4 hours following service. This will give the necessary time for the products to dry.
Important Step After The Treatment
After the treatment, please continue to vacuum all carpeted surfaces daily for the next 7 days.